Board of Directors Meeting - 17 December 2007
PRESENT: Steve Cooke, John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Gail Graham, Deirdrie Lang, and Doug Walter and Karen Zimbelman.
STAFF: Robynn Shrader, Bella Waters, and Steve Wolfe.
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:03 a.m. (PDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approved as presented.
3. Minutes of the meeting of 24 September 2007: amend to reflect the actual meeting date and Deirdrie’s arrival.
M/S: Gail/John: approve the minutes as amended. Approved unanimously.
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Web support services: Thanks to TriPark for all their work. Bella notes that it’s great to have same webmaster for both the CGIN and NCGA websites.
- Financials: Things look fine.
- Listserve: The board favored the language in the second option, with the removal of the word “permanently.”
M/S: Doug/Dan: recommend that the staff implement and create the new listserve policy. Approved unanimously.
- Bylaw amendment: The board supported the memo that will be sent out to all CGIN primary members, with some wording changes. Memo will be sent out directly to all primary contact persons from Dan Gillotte. Dan, Steve and Doug will send out reminders about voting on all listserves. All directors are asked to remind other CGIN members and encourage them to vote. Robynn reported that she and Paul Hazen will be figuring out a new strategy regarding the NCBA/CGIN dues sharing arrangement sometime in July 2008.
C. 2008 BUDGET AND GOALS
1. Proposed 2008 goals: CGIN’s 2008 goals are tied in with the NCGA Development Team’s goals in the NCGA business plan. Discussion included the concept behind CoopTube, Member to Member survey tool, and CGIN to Member survey tool. Also discussed the idea of comments and what that entails. The board would like to make sure that all comments on items be editable and may not be contributed anonymously, to encourage polite comments. Comments also will help provide explanations for old or “legacy” items. The goals are written in priority order.
M/S: Deirdrie/Gail: goals approved. Approved unanimously.
2. Proposed 2008 budget: The increase in membership fees is supported. The board would like to see an endorsement page to externalize what CGIN membership can mean for others.
M/S: Gail/Steve: budget approved. Approved unanimously.
D. LOOKING AHEAD AND WRAP-UP
1. Nominating committee: Two board seats are open in 2008 – Dan’s and the vacant seat. Dan is willing to continue being on the board. The board doesn’t feel urgency in filling the vacant seat but recognizes the value of allowing a new candidate to run as an incumbent. The Nominating Committee will work to find someone to ask to be on the board now. All regions of the U.S. are represented, so no need to focus on finding someone from a certain area.
2. Nominations timeline: Timeline was included in the meeting packet. First deadline is 15 February, when a call for candidates will be sent out via the CGIN listserves. Bella will send the committee members reminders of upcoming deadlines.
17 March 2008 (note new date)
12 May 2008
Minutes by Bella Waters