Board of Directors Meeting - 13 June 2008
PRESENT: Steve Cooke, John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Gail Graham, Alysen Land, Deirdrie Lang, Doug Walter and Karen Zimbelman.
STAFF AND GUESTS PRESENT: Crystal Halvorson, Ben Nauman, and Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
- The meeting was called to order at 5:23 p.m. by Dan Gillotte.
- The agenda was approved as presented.
- Minutes of the meeting of 12 May 2008:
M/S: Gail/Doug: approve the minutes as presented. Approved unanimously.
B. BOARD REORGANIZATION
1. Welcome to Alysen: All welcomed Alysen.
2. Officers: Gail proposed that the board stick with the same officers for 2008-2009. Approved by acclamation.
• President Dan Gillotte
• Treasurer Steve Cooke (will also serve as second account signer)
• Secretary Doug Walter M/S: Gail/Doug: approve the above as CGIN officers. Approved unanimously.
3. Committee appointments:
The following directors were appointed to the board’s committees:
Nominating: Gail and Doug
Directors with terms expiring in 2009 are Deirdrie and John.
The Membership Committee will be the board as a whole and will consider matters related to CGIN’s membership policies as needed.
4. Board roster. Bella will update the board roster and add cell phones to the internal roster list. She’ll also update KZ’s fax number.
C. OTHER BUSINESS
1. Schedule 2008-2009 board meetings: The board will meet on 25 August 2008 and will set the rest of the schedule for 2008-2009.
2. Executive session. The board met in executive session to discuss the continuation of emeritus director. It was decided that KZ will continue to be an emeritus director.
3. Discussion/follow-up from annual meeting. The board felt the meeting went well, though it was unfortunate that attendance was small.
D. LOOKING AHEAD/WRAP-UP
Next meeting: 25 August by conference call at 12:00 noon CDT.
Meeting adjourned at 5:40 p.m. PDT
Minutes by Bella Waters