Board of Directors Meeting - 21 October 2010
PRESENT: John Eichholz, Dan Gillotte, Travis Hance, Jane Harter, Alysen Land, Deirdrie Lang and Doug Walter
STAFF: Bella Waters
A. MEETING PRELIMINARIES
1. The meeting was called to order at 12:34 p.m. (CDT) by Dan Gillotte
2. The agenda was approved
3. Minutes of the meeting of 19 August 2010:
M/S: Doug/Alysen: approve the minutes with one correction on page two, last bullet, change considering to consider.
B. OPERATIONS REPORT
Operations report. The board reviewed the operations report briefly. Specific items discussed:
- Task list: Jane asked about the advisory committee and what role or tasks they might engage in. Bella will create a list of potential issues and/or tasks.
- Membership: members will vote on bylaw amendment to include associate co-ops of NCGA as qualified CGIN members.
- YTD financials: good cash flow
C. NCGA MANAGEMENT CONTRACT
Dan explained the rational for revisiting the contract and wants to ensure that the contract is a win-win for both CGIN and NCGA. Dan would like to be cc’d on NCGA invoices sent to CGIN’s treasurer. The board then moved into Executive Session, thus no notes were taken.
D. 2011 MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
Overall, board approved of the membership levels and will provide more feedback via e- to be included in the October board packet. Items discussed included:
- Unlimited listserves rather than six subscriptions for the Enhanced level.
- Revisit the reference to non-retail CGIN members as associate members (possibly ‘affiliate’ members)
- Once benefits have been decided upon, there’s interest in polling current CGIN contact people on their reaction to the proposed 2011 membership options.
- Title of lowest cost membership option needs to be worked on – basic vs. start-up, but not both.
- Category for individual associate member needs to be added.
- Interest in limiting CGIN access to one person per store for basic/start-up level, thus encouraging stores needing multiple users for CGIN to purchase the Enhanced level package.
Dan and Bella will continue working on membership options, taking into consideration the above items.
E. NOMINATING COMMITTEE CHARTER
This charter will be revisited for approval at the December meeting. All comments and questions should be geared to the committee: Alysen, Deirdrie and John.
F. 2011 WORKPLAN DRAFT AND BUDGET
Draft budget will be revised after the membership options have been confirmed. CGIN’s budget is not included in NCGA’s 2011 budget or workplan. Overall both the workplan and draft budget look good.
16 December 10:00am PT, 12:00pm CT, and 1:00pm ET
Meeting ended 1:39 p.m. Central
Minutes by Bella Waters