The Moscow Food Co-op seeks a Marketing Manager to maintain and oversee the marketing department, including community engagement, public relations, participation, and owner services; cultivate the Co-op’s identity and presence in the surrounding communities through brand management; promote ownership and owner satisfaction; and advance the Co-op’s purpose, mission, and strategic plan through enhanced education and outreach, relationship building, and communication. Assists the General Manager in meeting strategic goals and ends policies set by the Board of Directors. To view the position description, please visit http://www.moscowfood.coop/employment.
Category/Wage: Salaried, Exempt DOE
Hours/Shifts: ~40 hours/week
Qualified applications should submit a cover letter and resume
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Business, Marketing, or related field
- Two years of publishing, communications, or marketing experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- 1 year of event coordinating experience
- Ability to think creatively and globally, to analyze and anticipate solutions, define problems and objectives, and to recognize alternatives and formulate solutions
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, employees, vendors and the public
- Ability to relate to individual staff with diverse backgrounds and to work with them in a fair, supportive and cooperative manner
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated abilities to resolve problems and to understand and support the importance of structure, organization, policies and procedures.
- Ability to implement new systems and protocol as a means to improve business practices
- Demonstrated flexibility and excellent organizational skills with ability to function independently
- Commitment to identifying customer needs and maintaining and supporting the Co-op’s strategic plan and vision.
- Proficient computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign software
- Effective editing, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to create an attractive, welcoming, and efficient retail environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; some early mornings, evenings, holiday, and weekend shifts apply.
- Familiarity with natural foods; a basic understanding of retail concepts and of the retail industry
Please complete a Moscow Food Co-op employment application (available at the applications box in the store or at www.moscowfood.coop/employment). Please also provide your resume and contact information for two references (former employers preferred.) Please use our online applicant system via our website. Please do not email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Human Resources office at [email protected].