Portland Food Co-op (Maine)
The Portland Food Co-op brings local producers and consumers together in a member-owned marketplace to grow a healthier community and a more sustainable food system. We model cooperative values, operate with transparency, and foster trusting relationships with our customers, employees, and suppliers.
- A market where you can shop your entire grocery list–produce, meats, seafood, dairy, frozen foods, baked goods, pet food, beer and wine, as well as health and beauty products
- A market with a huge variety of bulk items ranging from grains, nuts, and spices to maple syrup, vinegars, and soaps. Bring your own container to reduce waste
- A warm and inviting gathering place and a resource for healthy eating and education
- Open to the public and accessible to all, including ownership opportunities for low-income shoppers. We also accept SNAP benefits.
- Committed to providing the largest selection of locally-grown and -produced items in the Portland area
- Cooperatively owned and democratically guided
- Dedicated to keeping jobs, money, and decision-making in our local economy
- Focused on environmental sustainability, by sourcing locally whenever possible; by being accessible by bus, bike, or foot; and by minimizing packaging and reducing waste
Relationship to CGN
Only CGN Members can see activity.